Thread: Look how stupid I am...

Beans

Look how stupid I am...

Until a minute ago, I thought that Feisty Fawn Herd referred to a GNU/HURD release (obviously I didn't know how to spell HURD). But of course a herd is just a collection of fawns, isn't it? I thought I'd share my foolishness for the enjoyment of the community.

Own up... did anyone else think this? I'm kind of relieved it's not true.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Look how stupid I am...

You're definately not the only person who didn't know what the alpha names mean. Yeah, it was kinda strange that you thought it meant Ubuntu was moving to a different kernel, but I've done something more stupid. When I first started using Ubuntu, I didn't know anything about the Linux filesystem hierarchy, and so I tried to access my CD-ROM drive by typing "D:/" at the prompt

That *is* stupid, considering that I was a Mac user at the time
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Hmmm...stupid things I have done ........Theres too many. I guess the largest was pulling my hair out getting my monitor to the right resolution when its really well documented on the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

There are some funny stupid things people have confessed to here.