Thread: Network Manager - no connections

Beans

Network Manager - no connections

I started having problems with the Network Manager a couple of days ago, telling me that the network is disabled. When I right click to view connection information, I get 'No valid active connection found.'

Other than that, My network works fine. Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting here while I'm using Ubuntu. So far I haven't found anything for my issues. It would appear that it's a false reading. I would like to know why & how can I fix it, if possible.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Network Manager - no connections

Hi rfm

That's been a known bug for well over 2 years now that seems to have been pushed completely off the back burner.

I would suggest Wicd instead of nm, but you'll still get the same error message when checking the Ethernet card, it's working even though it says things like No network card installed and things like that.

So it's one of those things I guess that falls under, if it ain't broke, don't fix it (but don't read what it says either, hi hi)
    Or like my dad used to say, "Don't do what I said, do what I meant!"

TTUL
    Gary

Beans

Re: Network Manager - no connections

Thanks for the information. However, I just noticed that I'm unable to use Yahoo Messenger anymore. I know it's old & comes up with dependancy errors, but it worked & was the only way I could send group messages. I just had to remove Yahoo to get updates or install anything else.

Now I know there could be another reason too, but I haven't done anything to my system but get updates & get my Eye Toy working. those things were working fine after setting up my Eye toy. In fact, about a day & a half later I noticed the network manager problem. Yahoo Messenger a couple of hours ago when I went to use it again.

I haven't used Linux that long, maybe a few months as an alternative to windows. About the past month, mainly been using Linux with a few exceptions that I need windows for. I've kinda tampered with it longer, but I never felt reasonably comfortable until I was introduced to Ubuntu.