Thread: Cinnamon desktop grouped windows list applet

Beans

Cinnamon desktop grouped windows list applet

I've just installed ubunut cinnamon 24.04 on my laptop. I'm seeing a strange condition with the grouped window list applet. The default gnome terminal and nemo apps seem to work as desired. If you click on either icon it opens the app and shows a line under the app icon. But if I add additional apps to be pinned to this panel and then click on the app icon, it opens a new icon in the panel what shows the app is running. Look at the following screen shot. It shows the thunderbird/firefox applications both pinned to the panel and then also next to them as running apps.

If you look closely next the the thunderbird icon is a small blue dot. thats where the thunderbird application is showing that its active. I added both to the pane by clicking on the menu button and search for the app. I then right clicked the app and clicked on add to panel. The gnome terminal works as I would expect. it has a line under it to show that the app has been launched. Not sure why I can't get firefox and thunderbird to act the same.

Beans

Re: Cinnamon desktop grouped windows list applet

for some reason I couldn't attache the image to my original post.

Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Cinnamon desktop grouped windows list applet

It appears that this issue is related to snaps, both firefox and thunderbird are installed as snaps. I just installed google chrome which I can add to the panel and it functions similar to the way the terminal and nemo file browser work.
    Attached Images Attached Images